Learning Services and Mentoring
A different and bumpier road for all of us!
For all of you who have simply walked into a Toastmasters meeting, you have already started your own unique path!
The basic structure of your journey with us is 2 channels:
- 1st: you will focus on the principles behind great speech writing and effective presentation styles through Pathways; and
- 2nd: you will take the more administrative side of things with the Club’s Meeting Roles, such as listening, time managing, and evaluating–all of which give greater sustenance to your speech writing and delivery.
As the foundation of your Toastmasters experience, Pathways is designed to help you build the competencies you need to communicate and lead. It is an exciting, flexible, and interactive way to develop your skills and help others in your club develop theirs. It is comprised of 11 paths that teach more than 300 unique competencies including:
- Online content, so that you can learn anytime, anywhere;
- Real-world, transferable skills;
- Content available in many languages;
- Feedback from our members after each project; and
- The opportunity to be awarded for your achievements!
Club's Meeting Roles
Each meeting has a diverse array of roles which you could take as a member. Different roles will help you achieve different abilities. For example:
- Timekeeper ⇒ time management;
- Toastmaster ⇒ leading a meeting;
- Grammarian ⇒ sharpening your language skills;
- Evaluator ⇒ providing effective feedback;
- Table Topics Speaker ⇒ improvisational skills; and
- Table Topics Master & Warm Up Master ⇒ creating an inclusive, inspirational, and humorous environment.
We also offer other opportunities for members to progress in their professional growth (such as helping with a marketing campaign, producing a newsletter, becoming a mentor, or taking leadership roles in the local Toastie community).
While you may be feeling enthusiastic in taking these 2 main paths to achieve both communication and leadership competency, it doesn’t mean that you have to take the journey alone! Our club would strongly encourage you to choose one of our seasoned members to give you the tips and advice for achieving the best professional version of yourself.
It doesn’t matter that you are just beginning or in the later stages of your journey, you are always going to benefit from the perspectives and opinion of a second person. You can also strengthen your own leadership and linguistic erudition by becoming a mentor yourself!
If you want more information or want to become a mentor/mentee yourself just shoot us a message: